POICMD allows you to handle ".OV2" (TTN overlay) files and ".KML" (Google Earth Place) files.
POICMD is a command line utility which allows you to create, convert and manipulate TomTom overlay files (.ov2) and Google Earth place files (.kml)!
The application was developed using the Microsoft .NET Framework so you need the .NET Framework installed on your system. This is usually the case of newer Windows installations (e.g. Windows XP SP2).
Here’s a list of the main features of POI Command:
- Dump file contents (e.g. poicmd dump samples\Badner_Bahn.ov2)
- Create file with specified GPS coordinates (e.g. poicmd ss samples\test.ov2 /lat:4820840 /lon:1637206 /n:Stephansplatz)
- Retrieve Name and GPS coordinates from file (e.g. poicmd gs samples\Badner_Bahn.ov2)
- Convert between file formats (e.g. .kml, .ov2)
- Display return value (e.g. for use with .bat or .cmd files)