A very strange thing which is not needed (as I googled I have found a lot of newsgroups posts of this non-professional thing).
Following reasons why I’d like to get rid of it:
- I do not use a Xerox scanner and I do not need OCR or something similar
- Why are XP users forced to have this strange things on their machines?
- It looks strange and very nonprofessional for following reasons:
- The name of the company is Xerox (e-mail from Xerox support has Xerox in his e-mail signature) and not xerox
- The name of the folder is nwwia (e-mail from Xerox support has written NWWIA and not nwwia)
- xrxftplt.exe has the icon of an standard MFC application (this is how beginners are writing their hello world applications!)
- xrxftplt.exe version information:
File version: 18.104.22.168
Description: XrxFTPLt MFC Anwendung
Copyright: Copyright © 2000
File version: 1, 0, 0, 2
Internal Name: XrxFTPLt
Original filename: XrxFTPLt.EXE
Product name: XrxFTPLt Anwendung
Product version: 1, 0, 0, 2
Language: Deutsch (Deutschland)
There are at least 8 distressing mistaktes in this version information! Looks like a beginner or nonprofessional programmer so it looks like ad-aware, malware etc. and not like a Xerox application!!
- Version information of xrxflnch.exe looks a bit better better (but also containing some mistaktes)
- Date/time of both exe files is 2001-08-18 04:55 –> old strange stuff which no user really needs! (today is 2006-12-28)
There has to be a normal way to get rid of this nonprofessional peace of software!?